Swimming pools are one of the safest environments during COVID
For all my swimming friends – Factual information is important.
Unfortunately, Swimming Pools and their operations are often a misunderstood environment through lack of knowledge and incorrect assumptions. We need to promote evidence-based decisions.
International scientific evidence has acknowledged, pools are one of the safe environments. To read the full review, go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1USdju2tO8qasVxyPnl7JZT-wgDKbp7jq/view
The review investigates three main areas
- COVID-19 persistence/survival/removal in water;
- Humidity as a factor in reducing COVID-19 transmission
- The structured/unstructured environments.
In short the review suggests that swimming pools are one of the safest and should be the first to reopen post Covid -19 lockdown as:
- COVID-19 has low stability in water, with little or no chance to cause infection in pool water as it is incredibly susceptible to Chlorine, Ozone and UVC,;
- The maintenance of controlled humidity and temperature play a role in the inactivation of COVID-19;
- The indoor structured programs provide a safe sporting environment.